Fire Prevention Tips:
- Handle cigarettes and cigars responsibly. Make sure they are fully extinguished before disposal.
- Unplug electrical appliances such as coffee pots when not in use and at the close of business each day.
- Turn off power to office equipment such as computers and calculators at the close of business each day.
- Adhesives, cleaning fluids, and any other possible flammable liquids must be stored properly.
- Eliminate extension cords where possible.
- Adequately meet any ventilation requirements of specialized office equipment.
- Where applicable, keep electrical closets within your suite locked.
- Do not use space heaters or other portable electrical heating and cooling devices.